Meet new friends and enjoy being part of a special group or activity. Listen for PA announcements and watch for posters advertising the first meeting.
* Peer Ambassadors
Peer ambassadors volunteer to buddy with new students, help students with special needs, and want to help others in the school. You will assist with 7th grade orientation, the Wellness Walk, and other school sponsored events.
Advisors: Mrs. DiStefano & Mrs. Carlson
* Chess Club Chess Club is for beginners and champions. You will play by the rules of the United States Chess Federation. Chess Club is designed to learn the game of chess and have fun. This club meets on Mondays from 3:00-4:00; come the days you can.
Advisor: Parent Volunteer
* Skills USA
Skills USA is a group that implements the use of technology to solve problems, to find out how things work, and to build projects. The highlight of participation is to compete in the University of Wisconsin-STOUT team problem solving competition. Skills USA meets at varying times depending on the project.
Advisor: Mr. Henderson
* Fellowship of Christian Athletes (F.C.A.) F.C.A. is a non-denominational Christian group. You meet once a month after school for food, fellowship and fun. F.C.A. runs the school’s Thanksgiving food drive, ring bells for the Salvation Army, make and serve a meal for the Samaritan House, make crafts and pray for the safety of our school and country. Over 6,000 F.C.A. groups exist in schools across the country. F.C.A. meets the second Wednesday of each month.
Advisors: Mrs. Smith & Mrs. McCormick
* Yearbook Yearbook Club members take part in a number of activities necessary in creating a quality yearbook. Tasks include, but are not limited to, photography, page layout, and caption writing. Yearbook Club meets according to December and March deadline needs.
Advisor: Mr. Grissman
* Peer Tutors
Peer Tutors are students who have A’s and B’s in math, science, English, world languages, social science, and are willing to work with others who need help in those subjects during study halls.
Advisors: Mrs. DiStefano & Mrs. Carlson
* Family, Community, Career Leaders of America (F.C.C.L.A.)
F.C.C.L.A. is a club to help young men and women promote personal growth and leadership development through Family and Consumer Education. Involvement in this organization offers members an opportunity to develop skills for life – planning, goal setting, problem solving, decision-making, and interpersonal skills – necessary in families, communities, and workplaces. F.C.C.L.A. works on community service projects with children, elderly and peers. Members will also have the opportunity to take field trips where they will practice leadership skills and meet other F.C.C.L.A. member from around the state. This club meets twice a month, after school, and at a time agreeable between the advisor and club members.
Advisor: Mrs. Wilson
* Student Council Student Council is a group of students who get involved in school and community leadership. The Student Council provides a voice for all students in the school. Members promote school spirit and student pride. Activities include spirit days, teacher appreciation, Tiger Spirit Awards, Angel Tree gifts for needy children, Drake House visits, and March of Dimes-Walk America. Student Council meets twice a month, after school, at a time agreeable between the advisor and the club members.
Advisors: Mrs. Weiss & Mrs. Toltzman
Enrolling in the 8th grade course, "Exploring Agriscience" gives you the opportunity to join the Marshfield FFA chapter. Being an FFA member gives you the chance to participate in leadership workshops, field trips, and competitions all over the state. You will also have the opportunity to exhibit projects at the Central Wisconsin State Fair, and compete in judging contests based on your agricultural interests. You also assist the community in activities including landscaping projects, food drives, Salvation Army fundraisers, and participate in sporting tournaments. Monthly meetings during the school year are generally held the third Monday of each month at 7:30 PM.
Advisor: Mr. Heeg